I like reading books, reviewing them, writing, hanging out with my cats, and chilling.
I read all kinds of books: romance, science fiction, mystery-and-thrillers, non-fiction (usually history and biographies), vintage-pulp, trashy books, and an occasional piece of literature.
I am not a professional book blogger; this site is just for fun, so please don’t take my ratings seriously. My reviews are merely my opinion, so if I give a book a low rating or negative review, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try reading it.
You know the saying about what are opinions are like? I’m no better than the next person, so take it all with a grain of salt.
As long as I’m entertained, a book will get a positive review, no matter the quality of the writing.
- 5 Stars – Absolute Perfection. I love, love it! A desert-island-keeper.
- 4.5 Stars – So close to perfect, but I love it anyway. Another keeper.
- 4 Stars – Not perfect, but great. I really enjoyed it and may keep it to re-read.
- 3.5 stars – An entertaining, instructive, or enlightening read. Liked it a lot.
- 3 stars – A flawed book whose positives aspects outweigh the negatives. I liked it.
- 2.5 Stars – Contains moments I enjoyed, but not enough to make me like the book overall. Sell, swap, or give book away.
- 2 Stars – Not the worst I’ve read, and there might be some positive aspects, but I did not like it.
- 1.5 Stars – I hated this book, maybe for petty reasons, but more likely due to boredom, yet can acknowledge the author’s talent.
- 1 Star – I hated this, probably because I was really bored. At worst, I got 1/2 way through before throwing in the towel. At best, I finished the book.
Other Sites I Hang Out
You can also find me reviewing old-skool romances at Sweet Savage Flame.